CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Just have to say...

I know I have already made a post since Valentine's day, but I just felt the need to write about what a wonderful one I had. I usually don't make too big of a deal about Valentine's day, but this year my boyfriend went all out!

I had finished my day of teaching and went over to his apartment around 5:00 PM. We had talked on the phone before that about where we wanted to go out to eat. When I got to his apartment, we continued to have this conversation. So, I was sitting at the computer, when he got up and went to the stove, and pulled some barbeque chicken out of the oven! He had cooked me dinner. We had barbeque chicken, steak fries, and biscuits, and it was great. He totally surprised me.

That's not all!!!

So after dinner we were watching television and he was saying things to me such as, "That's all I got you for Valentine's day" . . ."You're not getting anything else"; Things of that nature....and then a few minutes later he told me that he was going to take me to the mall and let me pick out an outfit, and then next week he's going to take me to a fancy place to eat (lol). So, we went to the mall, I got a super awesome outfit, and I was perfectly content with my Valentine's day.

That's not all!!!

After we got back from the mall, I went back to my apartment to take a shower, so I wouldn't have to get up so early the next morning to take one. So, after my shower, I went back to my boyfriend's apartment because I was going to stay the night. When I got there, he was in the shower, so I took my things to his bedroom. When I entered his bedroom, all of the lights were off and he had lit candles all over the room! I didn't notice at first because it was dark, but he also had this big kettle with water in it, sitting in the floor, with flowers, and beside the flowers were two big boxes of my favorite Nestle Turtle candy!

I was just so shocked and amazed and still am. No one has ever did anything like that for me before, and I don't think he knows how appreciative I am of him. I know this post would have been much more appropriate on Valentine's day, but hey, this is the best I can do!



This painting by Marc Chagall is titled Birthday, but I still think it's very appropriate for this post considering it's subject matter.

0 comments: