CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Creative Juices Can't Flow

The past week and a half I have wanted to make art so bad. Why don't I? I don't know. I spend my days at schools, and in the evenings I am tired, with my boyfriend, don't have the resources I need, etc. I went to Wal-Mart some day last week to buy one of those cheap ass canvases. They were out of the big ones so I didn't buy one. I'm going to wait until they get more, then maybe I can paint.

Thursday me and my boyfriend went to Hastings, a book and music store. I found a hardback book about Grandma Moses for $5.99 and a FANTASTIC book about papier-mache for $3.99. Needless to say, I was more than excited. The papier-mache book is my favorite. It has so many different and intricate ideas for papier-mache. You can basically make anything with papier-mache. I haven't got a chance to get to try anything in that book yet, but I really want to soon.

My cooperating teacher informed me of this artist, Jean-Michel Basquiat Art. I will post some of his stuff below. Look Him UP!!!










Credit for these images: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Michel_Basquiat and Google Images

3 comments:

Marmelade said...

I really like it!

I'm have i've came across your blog. very nice stuff here.

Gil said...

Thanks for you kind comment 'on 20 Great Artists that Never Reached 30' Andrea. Actually, Basquiat is one of the artists I plan on including in the part 2 story :)

red-handed said...

Basquiat is great ... except for the drugs and star whoredom and early death. But NY will do that, I guess.

Careful with the papier mache -- things have to dry properly or you'll get these godawful little flies.