CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Morandi with Color

This painting was inspired by the work of Morandi. His paintings often consisted of still lifes containing very dull color. I thought it would be interesting to do this with some intense colors. Hope you like it.




Acrylic on 16x20 inch panel

This is also similar to my Joy painting, which was inspired by Morandi as well.



Joy, Oil on canvas

If you would like to buy (not the Joy!), I'm open to offers. I would also be interested in commissions similar to this. Thanks!

Here are some works by Morandi, if you want to know where my inspiration came from:





1 comments:

jane said...

I love those bright colours.

Those bottles remind me of some unusual glass containers I've picked up from 'op' shops over the years. I'd never thought of doing a still life of them.