CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Love Factory

Below is a photo of a painting I've been working on. It's called Love Factory. I have no idea where this idea came from. It just kind of popped into my brain somewhere. Basically, what you see is somewhat of an abstracted smokestack. Instead of nasty smoke coming out of it, you see hearts forming, meaning love is forming and being born.

The photo is not so great, and I'm not sure that I'm finished with it. I think it needs something else. I think maybe I need to add some kind of defined background, so it doesn't look so much like it's just floating in space. I do love all its texture though.



Love Factory
acrylic on 16 x 20 inch panel

Lately, I think I've been trying to figure out exactly what my style is. Not that I have to have my own distinct style or anything. It's just that... I know I'm definitely not one of those artists who paint everything very realistically. For me, trying to get something to look exactly how it looks in real life confines me, and I have no patience for it.

1 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Andrea...thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

I really like your painting...and remember, your own style will develop over time. I think I'm still kind of unsure what mine is!

You obviously have the talent though...so keep painting!