CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Contemporary Art Interests

Have you seen The Cremaster Cycle? I have seen bits and pieces of it. I haven't had the opportunity to see it all, but I would LOVE TO. If you don't know what The Cremaster Cycle is, it's a sequence of five films by Matthew Barney. Wikipedia describes it as being: "The conceptual departure point for the cycle is the male cremaster muscle, and the films are filled with anatomical allusions to reproductive organs and the process of sexual differentiation." I think the visuals of these films are stunning. Here are some photos. Thanks to Wikipedia as well.





Another artist I've been reading about today is Ronnie Landfield. He is an American Abstract Painter. Here are some of his works (they are so colorful!):


Garden of Delight , acrylic on canvas, 1971


Rite of Spring, acrylic on canvas, 1985


The Deluge, acrylic on canvas, 1999

0 comments: