CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Bad Smells

I do not know what the deal is with my car, but it smells BAD. As soon as you open a door the smell hits you in the face! I don't know how to describe it well. It kind of has this weird leafy odor, but it's really strong. I thought maybe I could buy an air freshener and it would go away. No. Now, it smells like Strawberry Weird Leafy Smell. Not good. My car isn't dirty or anything. I mean, I'm sure it needs to occasional vacume, but I don't have any weird stuff in it that shouldn't be there. It's really strange. I think this weekend I'm going to totally clean it. Hopefully that will help.

I had to leave school early today for a doctor's appointment. Oh the joys of that. I've received my usual dose of Cipro, and hopefully my bladder will be on to a full recovery soon. ?

I went shopping last night here in town. My boyfriend surprisingly agreed to go with me ("Sure!"), but of course by the end of the trip he was complaining and pouting. I should have known it wasn't a good idea to take him with me! That won't happen again. Well...it probably will.

I'm going to post some work by Dale Chihuly today. I think his work is very interesting. I've seen a couple of lesson plans for high school that you can use to incorporate his methods. One method deals with heating up small sheets of plexiglass in a toaster oven on 350 degrees (I think) for about two minutes. Once you take the plexiglass out of the toaster oven, it's very pliable and bendable, but it hardens really quickly. Students enjoy doing this because the results resemble that of Chihuly's work. There are also some special transparent glass paints that you can buy at arts and craft stores.

Another lesson plan similar to that one revolves around putting vinyl records in very hot water, and the records are bendable and pliable. It's very similar to the plexiglass idea.











1 comments:

imwithsully said...

That sounds like a fun lesson plan. I love his work. I have seen it in the Children's Museum in Indianapolis several times. It is amazing.