CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Good, Bad, or Am I Just Plain Crazy?

I don't know where to begin or how to organize my thoughts. Yesterday I uploaded some recent photographs I took onto my computer. Upon first glance, I love them. But...I wonder...will I love them this time next week? This happens to me all the time, and I wonder if I am the only one, or if we all do this?

Another example, I was going through some of my photographs and art on my deviant art site yesterday. When I uploaded most of the items months ago, I loved them, but upon looking at them yesterday...I thought to myself, "What was I thinking???"

So, I ended up taking a lot of things off, revising them and re-uploading. The question is, this time tomorrow, will I still like my revisions, or will I hate them? I don't know, and it drives me nuts! I didn't even do anything digital to most of the photographs I took Friday. I will probably do that in the next few days.

I guess I will post of a few of my older photos. (Feel free to buy prints on deviant, unless I am completely unaware of their suckyness!)


My cousin and a little boy she babysits


One of my newer photos. I angled it on purpose. I thought it was boring without it.





I feel like blogger makes the quality of the photos look bad. They do look better on my deviant...I promise.

6 comments:

courtney said...

i think you take beautiful photos, but then i'm a musician, not a photographer:)

i do that all the time, by the way, with my songs. i'll write something and think "ooh, this is really catchy!" and then i'll play it through once or twice and get sick of it and think "ugh, i can't imagine anyone else wanting to listen to this..."

maybe we should just learn to trust our first instincts... :)

EP said...

They look good. I especially like the one of your cousin and the kid she babysits. The toning is beautiful in the photos, too.

I'm the same way with mine, if it makes you feel any better. While I like a lot of things in my portfolio now, I look back later and don't love it anymore. It's weird. So I guess it happens to us all?

Nate said...

I'm going to have to agree with EP on her first paragraph.

I tend to dislike photos when i look back on my really old stuff. So little talent then but wonderful concepts.

I don't think your crazy

Kt said...

ooh great pics!

Don't worry, you're not alone...I do the same this with my artwork...I love it for awhile...then I go back later and think "ugh what is the crap!?"...

Sir Jorge Orduna said...

those shots are great. The one of your cousin and the kid is just amazing. I guess I have a limited vocabulary because I want to give it a greater description, but it's just a good one, a great one even.

Unknown said...

These are really pretty photos!! I like them :)