CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Heat and No Sleep

The gracious maintenance man came and attempted to fix my ancient broken air conditioner yesterday evening. He thought he had fixed it, and so did I. The problem was, the filter in the front of the AC was dirty which was causing the entire front of the AC to freeze over with ice, not allowing any air out. He cleaned my filter and scraped off the ice, and it seemed to work. That is, it seemed to work until this morning when I woke up in the heat. I took the cover off of the AC and found an entire solid sheet of ice over the front of my AC. So apparently my air filter is not the problem. I had to go all the way back to my landlords office and fill out yet another maintenance request, because you can't call them in, it has to be done in writing. What a drag!

I woke up so early in the heat, and it made me so upset, that I could not go back to sleep. So here I sit, half asleep and hungry. Poor, poor pitiful me. I'm annoyed with myself for complaining so much.

2 comments:

Nate said...

Hey there, i just stumbled through your deviant art page. Needless to say I'm impressed with your vector work.

I did a ton of it when I attended Purdue University. (it was part of the major). I'm more impressed you did it with Illustrator. I always found it easiest to create swatches and manipulate control points with Freehand MX. But then again what do I know about all that stuff.

Oh and potential solution to your air conditioner problem. Remember the basics of physics and thermal-dynamics. Hot goes up, cold goes down; refrigeration works backwards (e.g., it pulls out the hot air, leaving only cold air--vacuum). So in other words why not put those window fans in the top part of you your window (ugh redundant sentence) and have them blow OUT the hot air from the top. This will lighten the load your A/C will have to do. Also it'll save quite a bit of energy too!

Oh and lastly, congrats on becoming a teacher!

EP said...

Ack! That's really aggravating! My old roommate and I spent an entire weekend sans AC because of something like this, and I don't know how the guy fixed it, but when he came and fixed it Tuesday, it was one of the best things ever. I hope yours got sorted out and that you're relishing in the cool air!